Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cloudy with a chance

If you know one thing about me, its that I LOVE to eat!  Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, brunch, bar food, cheese and wine... really I'll probably eat most anything.  Although I do have a lot of knowledge on food nutrition, I can't help but drool and give into cravings sometimes.  I mean honestly, who can pass over anything with the word bacon?!  Well, I bet most of you don't know where I got my passion for food and cooking... so, I will tell you.

When I was about 9, I read this amazing book called Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  I just was overwhelmed by all the food in this book.  And amazed that it fell from the sky.  At 9, I'm pretty sure the only reason I played outside was because I wanted so bad for a storm of potato chips to fall from the sky!  None the less, it never happened.  Maybe if I would have prepared a little better and had some ranch chip dip in the fridge, this might have happened.  LOL

Anywho, everyone in the book seemed sooo incredibly happy when they ate.  And I realized how happy I was when I would eat... thus began my stent of overweightness.  But that was not going to stop my feeding my face with such delicious foods!  Savoring every bite and morsel of yumminess!  With my favorite food being POTATOES!!  So versitile!  I was making my own baked potatoes at 9.

Now that I'm older, I'm definitely more aware of nutrition and make fruits and veggies apart of my daily diet.  Loosing so much weight I think definitely changed my mindset on how, when, and what I need to be eating.  But, the passion for cooking good food is still here.  I'm always trying to find good things to eat that are healthy, but still have that twist that makes you want to come back to eat them.  That being said, praise The Lord for turkey bacon!  I think you could put bacon on anything and make it taste amazing!  There are definitely those days when I revert back to my inner fat kid and pig out on potato chips.  I don't have them often, but I sure do love them.  And I always remember that amazing book, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs that stirred up my passion for food.

Well, the world is calling... and I must answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment